Message sent to all who have RSVP for Open House:
Thank you for registering for Little Flower School’s Open House tomorrow. We wanted to alert you to details should winter weather impact school openings.
Little Flower follows Montgomery County Public Schools in weather-related situations.
- If MCPS begins school on time on Jan 30, Open House will be held as planned from 9am-11am.
- If MCPS begins school 2 hours late on Jan 30, Open House will be rescheduled to next Wednesday, February 6 from 9am-11am.
- If MCPS closes on Jan 30, Open House will be rescheduled to next Wednesday, February 6 from 9am-11am.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to meeting you soon!
Our final Open House will be Wednesday, January 30, 2019. Snow date: February 6, 2019
Please RSVP so we know you'll be coming!
We invite parents considering Little Flower for their child to join us for Open House. Drop in anytime between 9-11 AM to meet with our Principal, have a parent give you a tour of the school, and see our Pre-K - Gr. 8 students in their usual classes for the day. We are happy to welcome you to our school!
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DONE ONLINE THROUGH THE TADS ENROLLMENT SERVICE.
Little Flower School of the Archdiocese of Washington provides the children of Little Flower Parish with an educational experience based on a Catholic philosophy of education. It is presumed that our families:
- Are formally registered in Little Flower Parish.
- Worship each weekend with their Little Flower students at Little Flower Parish
- Provide verifiable financial support to the Parish. These gifts should be made by using the weekly Sunday envelopes or ParishPay and by contributing annually to the Little Flower Parish Fund
If space is available, non-parishioners may be accepted.
Children entering Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten or First Grade must be four/five/six years old respectively by September 1st, the specific date determined by the State of Maryland. Incoming First Graders must have attended an approved kindergarten. Birth and Baptismal certificates and health records are to be presented for children entering our school.
Care is taken to determine whether a child will benefit from our program of studies. Screenings, review of school records and report cards, teacher recommendations and reports of conduct are some of the criteria used in making admission decisions. New students will be accepted on a probationary basis for a period of three months. Acceptance will be finalized when it is determined that the school can meet the student’s academic needs. Enrollment of a child in Little Flower School implies the willingness of both parents and students to comply with the policies and regulations of the school. In order to realize the school's aims, parents and students must agree with and support the philosophy of the school and the Code of Discipline.